- Structural Isomerism
- IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry) nomenclature of alkanes
- Properties of Alkanes
- Reactions of Alkanes
- Alkyl Halides
- Cis–Trans Isomerism
- Reactions of Alkenes and Alkynes
- Naming Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Properties of Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Reactions of Aromatic Hydrocarbons
The Carbonyl Group
Aldehydes and ketones both contain the carbonyl group.
A carboxylic acid is an organic compound that contains a carboxyl group, –COOH.
Carboxyl group - a carbon atom that is double-bonded to 1 oxygen atom and single-bonded to a hydroxyl group.
When a carboxylic acid is in aqueous solution, a hydrogen ion may be removed from the carboxyl group relatively easily.
Page 1 of 2