A neuron is composed of dendrites, a cell body, and an axon.
The axon sends a wave of depolarization along its length, which is part of the high-speed network that sends impulses from one part of the body to another.
The wave of depolarization is primarily the movement of two positive ions (Na+ and K+) from one side of the axon’s cell membrane to the other.
- 3 basic PCR steps of DNA amplification process
- Anterior and posterior pituitary gland hormones and their functions
- Reactants and products of 10 steps of glycolysis pathway (Embden–Meyerhof pathway)
- Structure and functions of 3 types of carbohydrates
- 4 structures of proteins and their building blocks – 20 amino acids